Open Call: Production Grants for Visual Artists in Sápmi for 2019
Sámi Dáiddaguovddáš (SDG) / Sami Center for Contemporary Art, announces 2 production grants to visual artists who wish to work with site-specific projects (outdoors or indoors). The Gratns are made possible through delegated funds from Bildende Kunstneres Hjelpefond (BKH) to SDG.
1. Grant of 50,000, –
2. Grant of 50,000, –
Production grants can be applied by artists with membership in SDS or with other sami connection. There is no requirement for membership in SDS, but to have education/practice that qualifies for membership in Nordic artist organizations.
Other application criteria:
- The project is initiated by an artist and takes place outside a ordinary gallery space • The project must be presented publicly
- Co-Partners is allowed
- Other project funding is allowed
- The project is carried out in the areas traditionally included in Sápmi (except Russia) • Project must be completed before October 1st. 2019
- Artists must show affiliation with Sápmi
- Short project description (max 1 page), with sketches/images (max 3 images) and budget • Geographical – where?
- Send application with attachment to email@example.com
- Application deadline: December 20, 2018.
Applications are reviewed by the Sami Center for Contemporary Artistic Advisers, the Board makes the final decision.
The result is announced on SDG’s website and a separate press release. Reporting for use of funds by December 1, 2019.
For questions regarding this Open Call, contact Kristoffer Dolmen, Director SDG. firstname.lastname@example.org